Saturday, October 20, 2007

"Don't link me with older men please" says Kangana Ranaut

At 20, Kangana has acquired some unusual reading habits. "I'm currently reading the thoughts of Swami Vivekand. He prescribes restraint for a fruitful life. So I'm off spicy food and off any thoughts of a boyfriend. I believe restraint is much more important in life than self-indulgence."

Not that she has much a chance to be hedonistic right now. Kangana was tricked by her family into visiting her home town Bhambla (Himachal Pradesh). "I was told to immediately come and see my 100-year old great grandfather.

I presumed the worst and immediately left my dubbing for Anurag Basu's Metro to attend to my great-grandfather (my father's grandfather) only to be told that the old man is fine. They just wanted me to visit him."

"He wasn't talking or eating much. Since I was his favourite great grand-daughter my father immediately called me. So here I am, taking an unscheduled holiday much to Anurag Basu's annoyance. Unfortunately my sister isn't allowed to fly because of her health problems. I had to leave her behind in Mumbai with my best friend."

In Metro Kangana is dubbing her own lines. "That's a relief after Shaka Laka Boom Boom. When I heard an alien voice speaking for me I lost all self-confidence. In Metro I speak my own lines…and sport a completely different look."

In Metro Kangana's character has an affair with an older man (K.K Menon). In real life she has no such aspirations. "It's very embarrassing to be linked with men who are much older. Please, when I do have a boyfriend he'd be someone I can look in eye, not look up to."

Kangana is a voracious foodie and one of the reasons she enjoys being at her home is the cuisine. "My mother and aunts are cooking my favourite food. And I feel so pampered.

In Mumbai you're not only alone there's no one to give you a tablet if you're ill. That's why I've persuaded my sister to stay with me in Mumbai. The city can be really cold and hostile to outsiders."

- SantaBanta.Com

Your Ad Here

No comments: