Monday, July 23, 2007

"I have a glamourised look in Heyy Babyy." - Vidya Balan

A serene and silent music release was held for the film Heyy Babyy, directed by Sajid Khan, on the last day of the shoot at Film City recently. Quiet because, only the media was invited with the cast and crew, minus the regular pomp and splendour of a five star hotel. On the sets, we met up with the beautiful Vidya Balan. A brief tête-à-tête follows:


How is the music of Heyy Babyy?
The music is extremely youthful and chirpy. Very soul stirring. The kind you will love to hear anytime, anywhere. When you have the trio of Shankar- Ehsaan- Loy composing for you, it's got to be out of the world! The story is based on people of Indian origin living in Australia, so the music is in tune with the theme. When you watch the movie, you will realize that you can go out of India, but you can't let India go out of you!

What is your role in Heyy Babyy?
Sajid Khan has presented a different side of me. He has a great sense of humour. The story is set in Australia. For the first time the audiences will be looking at a western and glamorized me! I hope they enjoy it. Can't really disclose much about the character right now, but you will know in time. When the story was narrated to me, I really felt confused whether I can do justice to the role. Sajid convinced me wonderfully and so I did it. Sajid is a close friend, so there was no way I would be uncomfortable with his judgmental prowess.

How was it working with a first time director?
He has a cinematic bent of mind. He is extremely affluent with the technical aspects of film making. His ability of explaining the scenes reminds me of childish enthusiasm coupled with the art of a connoisseur. As a director, he gives due liberty to the actors to give their inputs and allows them to perform freely. That's how the look of the movie is very fresh.

How was the atmosphere on the sets of the film?
It was a complete mad house with Akshay, Riteish and Sajid. I was almost thinking that I was back in college. They used to play so many pranks that we used to end up crying while laughing. My boisterous attitude had sprung up during the making and it was a perfect situation of work and pleasure going together.

Were a lot of pranks were played at the shoot of the film?
Of course. There was this one time when Susan, our foreign co-star had a fight with her driver. We were shooting at Madh Island. The guys started scaring her saying that it is very unsafe for females to drive down home alone as a lot of rape and murder cases have already taken place in this area. After a while Akshay gave her a note saying that it was from her driver, who gave it before he left. "How will you go alone now?" the note said. Poor Susan was very nervous and in tears. But, when they realized it was going overboard, they burst out laughing and called it off!

How do you compare these with your earlier movies?
My earlier films, Parineeta, Eklavya, Salaam- e- Ishq; all created a serious impact on the audiences. This is a fun packed entertainer with great commercial value.

Your family is very protective about you.
Yes they are. Apart from my parents, who are extremely protective, my sister and my brother-in-law are also very particular about how I am handling my life. They are more keen to know what I am doing, how I am going about things etc. Honestly, in the movie business, one has to have a support system without which it isn't easy. And it feels nice to live a life where you feel sheltered.

Have you looked up to any actress and any performance?
I think makers also have an important role to play in this. Madhuri Dixit was wonderful in 'Devdas'. She has gone through her career very well and this was a high point. I want to live my life the way she did and I shall feel very happy about that for sure.

People have even compared you with the legendary Madhuri Dixit. Comment.
I am quite flattered by the comparison. But I guess I have loads to reach before I come close to her.

Are you an ambitious actress?
Yes. But I am not very ambitious. I love to enjoy and live life to its utmost.

Do you think we should leave our hearts and minds at home before we watch Heyy Babyy?
Not at all! You can take both to the cinema halls and enjoy the film. It is also an intelligent film in parts.

Source - Sanskriti Media

Your Ad Here

No comments: