Thursday, July 5, 2007

Deols didn't insult me: Shilpa Shetty

A story yesterday in a tabloid suggesting that Shilpa Shetty is upset with the Deols for not allowing her to watch their film Apne on the same screen as the Deols, has Shilpa astounded.

"On the contrary I'm more miffed with this fabrication than anything the Deols did or didn't do," she screams from Paris where she has just landed.

"I love the Deols, specially Dharamji, to death. Why would they treat me badly? And why would I take offence about the seating arrangement? The truth is, Shamita and I had to attend a family function in the night.

We thought we'd attend the Apne premiere and then go to the function. But the screening started very late, so we just showed our faces and had to leave. That's it. The next day, on Friday, I had a special screening of Apne for my family and friends."

Shilpa isn't amused by the suggestion of a problem with the Deols. "Throughout the making of Apne we had so much fun. I knew I didn't have an author-backed role.

But just the pleasure of being in the same screen space as Dharamji, Sunny and Bobby made me very excited. If Anil Sharma makes Apne 2 I want to be part of it."

Your Ad Here

No comments: