Saturday, August 11, 2007

Shah Rukh and Sushmita at war?

Sushmita is a monsoon miss. "I love the feel of rain. I loved doing the Laga laga re in Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya. And I loved getting wet for Farah Khan in Main Hoon Na".

However playing props who just dance in the rain is not her scene. "My fans feel let down when I've nothing to do in my film. So at this stage in my career I've to do the films that do me justice.

At the same time I'm aware they didn't like me in Chingari. But I don't regret doing it. I don't regret anything in my life. Every role is about creating something you believe in. I'm working very hard in both Sholay and Dulha Mil Gaya although Sholay isn't quite my film alone."

Sushmita Sen is tickled pink, red and purple by stories that she and Shah Rukh Khan are at war.

"So that's what the tattlers have been talking about while I was out of the country? Shah Rukh and I at war? Interesting copy. But totally untrue. I've never had a problem with Shah Rukh.

We had great fun shooting Main Hoon Na with Farah Khan. Although it was his home production he didn't once let me feel unwanted. It was great fun playing SRK's m'aam in that film."

If Sushmita had a kind of extended cameo in Main Hoon Na, SRK returns the compliment now. He has an extended guest appearance in Ms Sen's new film Dulha Mil Gaya. "Shah Rukh doing Dulha Mil Gaya has nothing to do with me. He likes his role, the producer Viveick Vaswani and the director Mudassar Aziz.

When I signed Dulha Mil Gaya I didn't even know Shah Rukh was part of it. And let me tell you Dulha Mil Gaya is not a heroine-centric film."

She warms up to the SRK topic. "When we met for this film it was just like old times. Not a moment's awkwardness between us. So sorry guys, whoever is spreading the crude word about us, needs to take a reality check.

SRK and I are both Scorpios. But we don't sting each other. We take on the world instead."

Reverting to the kind of films she does Sushmita says, "I don't do films just because they're women-centric.

I like roles that are powerful. Watching ten guys fight the hero while I bite my lips in the background…I'm not very good at 'Bachao bachao.'

And yet, ironically, I was this object of adoration in Main Hoon Na. That role was all about the right presentation."


- SantaBanta.Com

Your Ad Here

No comments: