Friday, June 22, 2007

Chatting with Bollywood Actress Priyanka Chopra

With a three-film deal with UTV and a quickly growing career graph, oomph princess Priyanka Chopra is well on her way to Bollywood success. Last seen in the multi-star Salaam-E- Ishq, she’s working with the best of the industry and is easily one of the most sought-after actresses in tinsel town. Excerpts from a freewheeling chat with Priyanka on her new films, her personal views and a lot more:

After Salaam-E-Ishq, what films are in the pipeline? What roles do you play in these films?
I finished shooting for God Tussi Great Ho with Salman Khan and it’s up for release sometime this July or August. I am currently shooting for Love Story 2050. It’s a sci-fi film which revolves around Mumbai in the year 2050. It’s quite exciting as it’s a futuristic film and has got a very cool look. Then there’s Drona, in which I play Abhishek Bachchan’s bodyguard. It’s a very interesting film...something like a fantasy film.

You have signed a three-movie deal with UTV. Give us some details on these films…
It’s too early to comment on the kind of films and directors. There are a whole lot of directors I want to work with and kinds of movies I want to do. We are in talks now and I will let my fans know as soon as we finalize something.

What kinds of scripts interest you?
Any script that is challenging and is not a cliché. I want to do different kinds of roles and something that gives me a chance to prove myself as a versatile actress.

What would you have been if you weren’t an actress?
To tell you the truth, I got into acting by chance. I was studying to become an engineer and my mum sent my pictures for the Miss India pageant. I had no idea I was going to win and just like any other teenager, I wanted to skip my pre-boards and go for some fun. But then I won and also bagged the Miss World crown. There’s been no looking back since. I got into acting by sheer coincidence. Someone up there helped me find my vocation.

Tell us something about your childhood…
I was a very normal kid. My childhood was just like any other child’s…fun, studies, play and so on.

What is the one thing you love about Bollywood and one thing you hate about it?

There is nothing I hate about Bollywood. I love the industry and every bit of it. The best thing about it is that when there is a need, the entire industry unites and helps you out no matter who you are. They are extremely supportive and loving.

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
I’ve been in the industry for only four years and have a long way to go. It is too early to say what I will be doing 10 years from now. I’ll wait to see what’s in store for me.

Have you thought of going behind the camera and making your own film?
Not yet. I have a lot to learn before I think beyond acting.

So who are your favorite actor and actress?
It’s very hard to single one actress out. There are so many of them. I love Madhubala, Meena Kumari, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi…the list is endless. My favorite actor is Shahrukh Khan.

Of all the films you have done, which one do you consider your best performance?

All the roles I have done are special to me and they were challenging. I look back fondly at all my roles, right from my first movie Andaaz to Aitraaz to Krrish.

Tell us about your beauty and fitness regime…
I do not exercise or go to the gym but thanks to the songs and dances in Hindi films, I get to work out there and then. I love food and Indian and Thai are my favorites. I never compromise when it comes to eating but make sure I include a lot of greens in my diet. I don’t take to crash dieting and would advise everyone to refrain from unhealthy eating habits.

What do you do in your free time?

I adore watching movies; movie marathons are my favorite pastime. I can watch up to five movies back to back. I also love music and like reading whenever I get the time.

What about marriage?
I thoroughly believe in the institution of marriage, but there’s still a long way to go before I get married. Right now I want to concentrate on my career

What is your dream role?
I have always wanted to work in a period film.









- Pavithra Selvam/Sanskriti Media


Your Ad Here

No comments: