Thursday, June 14, 2007

Being Bengali on-screen isn't easy for Bipasha

Bipasha Basu may be a Bengali bombshell, but being a Bong on-screen doesn't come all that naturally to her. Bips played a Bengali in Corporate, which flopped.

Then Dhoom 2 had her as a Bengali cop. "In Corporate, I didn't have any Bengali lines. In Dhoom 2, I got an opportunity to talk in my mother tongue for the first time. I've never done a regional film, so this is the first time on camera that I spoke in Bengali.

It was hilarious to dub Bengali lines," she guffaws. What tickled Bips' funny bone was that she speaks the language at home but doing it on-screen felt strange. One more little known fact about Bipasha's bongness is that her family surname was actually Bose.

"My grandfather used to call himself K.N. Bose, but my father and uncle took Basu as a surname. Bose and Basu are close," she says. Bipasha Basu definitely sounds hotter than Bipasha Bose.

The actress might be making her Bengali film debut soon. Talks with ace director Rituparno Ghosh are on for a regional flick. "I am looking at doing this film called Draupadi with Rituparno, but I have still to read the script and agree to the film," says the Bollywood sizzler. Time she explored her rich cultural heritage.

Your Ad Here

No comments: