Sunday, June 10, 2007

Rakhi Sawant says " I'd rather die than kiss on-screen. "

There's one thing about Rakhi Sawant that no one can deny. She knows how to surprise, and shock. The lady, who is much in news these days, had a surprise appearance in the multi-starcast Shootout At Lokhandwala. To know more about what other surprises Rakhi has up her sleeve, we engaged her into a casual chat and came up with some interesting answers that only Rakhi is capable of. Excerpts from an interview:

We saw you in Shootout At Lokhandwala. It was a very interesting appearance…
{Laughs} Yes. The makers suddenly called up and I just did it. It didn't take much time, so I was there. I did it mainly because Amitabh Bachchan was in the movie. I love him.


Did you meet Amitabh Bachchan then?
No. The day I meet him I will be the happiest person. I will tell the media myself. You won't have to ask. I am so unlucky. I got a chance to work with him in a Bhojpuri film directed by Deepak Sawant. But I had to walk out as the producer of the movie didn't behave well with me. He wanted me to act in another movie which I didn't like.


Tell us about the films you are doing…
I am doing Buddha Mar Gaya. You should go to Rahulji's (Rahul Rawail) office and see the photographs of Buddha Mar Gaya. He has kept huge cutouts of my photographs and there are crowds outside his office to see them. I am doing another film called Kudi Patakha, which is being directed by Shashi Ranjan. Rajpal Yadav is also in the film. Then there's a big show coming up on Zee soon. This show will be something like Koffee With Karan. There's one more TV show coming up but I can't reveal anything about that now.


You appeared in Koffee With Karan. You have so many films coming up. Your career seems to be shaping well…
Yes. And the credit goes first to Big Boss, then to Shobha De and Karan Johar.


Shobha De?

Yes. She's the only one who writes good things about me. She understands me and writes the truth about me. She has been so good to me. There was this incident when I had a stage show. Shobha De was sitting in the first row with another actress who I don't want to name. This actress was criticizing me and Shobha De wrote in her next column that had that actress known how to dance like me she would have not criticized me. That was nice of her. I have always tried to be good. But when I try the media comes out saying bad things. Like when I protested against the garbage outside our building, a Mumbai tabloid named me 'Kachra Queen'. This wasn't nice. Shabhani Azmi also fights for such causes but she's never given such names.


Has there been any improvement in garbage situation?
We need a good street. We need a clean place and we have been fighting for that. But no action has been taken yet. We met the commissioner again and he has promised to pay Oshiwara a visit. People won't see the good things I am doing. They are just interested in giving me negative publicity.


Are you coming in any new item numbers?
No. But I want to do item numbers. Please write about this. I am waiting for good item numbers. I want to do something like Kajrare and Beedi. I don't want to do C-grade stuff. I have a sexy body. I don't want to waste it on such things.


What do you feel about kissing scenes? Are you open to doing them?

I'd rather die than kiss. The society learns from films. What do we want to teach them with this? Old movies never had such scenes. But they still conveyed the message. They would show the couple's lips and then flowers and then the heroine wiping her lips. And people would understand that they kissed. But now we show so much of all this. There was this show in UP recently where the couple was kissing openly. They have obviously been learning from movies. But showing a bit of cleavage and wearing short clothes is okay because it's fashion.


Sameera Reddy recently said that the casting couch exists. Do you agree?
It exists everywhere. Why should we just crib about the film industry? Even sadhus try to lure women.


We want to know about the film industry…
Yes, it does exist. It has been there for many years. It's only now that people are coming out in the open to admit it. And I started the trend as I always say things openly. Every heroine has faced it. I have too.


What about crazy fans? Have you come across any?
There are many. Recently, there was a show in Nepal and there was this Nepali girl who cut her wrists because she wanted to kiss me! Then there was a boy who came on the stage. I don't know how he managed to avoid the security, but he kissed me on my cheek. I don't know why people want to kiss me. There is also this lady from Ahmedabad who keeps calling me because her son wants to meet me. He doesn't eat and keeps thinking of me all the time.


You are just back from a tour. Where did you go and how was the response?

I went to many places like Delhi, Agra and others and the response was very good.


Recently you got into a controversy about posing before a Gautam Buddha image…

I am not afraid of anyone. It's the people who created a ruckus that should be ashamed. Instead of creating so much trouble about silly issues they better do something for the country. Why are they after my life? I love Buddha. He is my jaan. I have 15 statues of Buddha in my house. I believe he keeps my home cool. I also have 10 statues of Lord Ganesha. I also have Jesus in my house. I love god. I pray regularly.


We heard rumors that you are getting married to Abhishek. Are they true?

All that is gossip. I am not interested in marriage now. I don't know why they publish such things without even asking me. I want to do a lot of things now. I don't want to get married, depressed and then get a divorce. Marriage is lot of responsibility and I am not ready for kids now. Also Abhishek is yet to become something. He has to start earning well. He is trying but we aren't getting married till he is settled.


When you do get married, how big will it be and where will it be?
I don't know. It will probably be a court marriage. We don't have lots of money. I am not Aishwarya Rai and my Abhishek is not Abhishek Bachchan. About the venue, I know Abhishek wants it to be in Kanpur but I am not sure.


Will you continue working after marriage?
Only death can keep me from work. I might start shooting the day after my marriage. I can't stay away from work. I will also have to continue working for money. Besides we won't go for honeymoon because after all those tours abroad, I am bored of going abroad.


Which is your dream role?
I have many dream roles but I don't think I will be able to do them. Because for that I will have to compromise. In fact, these are the reasons why I am tired of life. I will have to drink alcohol, talk to people and only then will I get work. I can't do all that. If I sleep with someone for a role then what's the point? Watch my films and if you like them, write about them. Only you people can make a difference. See my Buddha Mar Gaya. That's an honest effort from my side. It's about a young girl who compromises and sleeps with all the old guys to get a break. But the problem is that whoever she sleeps with dies, leaving her with no work.


Still, there must be some roles you would love to do…
I would love to do Nargis' role in Mother India, Sridevi's in Chalbaaz and Madhuri's in Devdas.


Do you plan to direct a movie someday?

No. But I will make a video someday. I will take in lots of youngsters in it.

Your Ad Here

No comments: